Personal Information We Collect and How we Use It
We collect personal information you provide when communicating with us through our website or otherwise. The personal information we collect may include your name, email address, telephone number and any other information you provide in your communication. We use this information to communicate with you; to manage our relationship with you; to maintain our information about you; to manage, optimize and measure the performance of our services, understand industry trends and develop aggregated anonymized data content; to improve our services and the quality of our product; to develop new products, service features and content; to evaluate any job application you may submit and assess whether to offer you a position; to advertise to you; and to address the subject matter of your communication.
We also use personal information to meet legal, industry, audit, security or ethical requirements.
We may collect Personal Information from you directly or from other sources, such as the real estate brokers with whom we collaborate or public sources, such as websites, government agencies and registries or public records.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- [third parties providing services on our behalf, such as our IT consultants. We take reasonable contractual and other measures to require these organizations to maintain the confidentiality of personal information in accordance with applicable law and to only use such information for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them;
- our group companies to comply with applicable law and with internal audits; or
- law enforcement bodies where permitted or required by law, for example, to comply with a subpoena or in connection with a police investigation.]
International Transfers of Personal Information
In some circumstances, the sharing of personal information with third parties or other group companies may involve the storage or processing of personal information outside Canada. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any international transfer of personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws. The protection of such personal information will be subject to the legal requirements of the jurisdictions where the information is transferred, including lawful requirements to disclose information to government authorities in those countries. If you have any questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information, please contact us as indicated below.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, or as may be permitted or required by law. Your consent may be expressed or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. Subject to applicable law, if you provide personal information to Zenmatch, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined to you at the time of collection or thereafter or as otherwise described in this Policy.
In some circumstances, you may refuse to consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, or you may withdraw your consent to further collection, use and disclosure of information about you, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Withdrawing your consent to certain uses of your personal information may mean that we may no longer be able to provide you with certain services.
If you provide us personal information about another individual, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of the individual concerned to the collection, use and disclosure of this personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise at the time the personal information is collected. Zenmatch shall be in no event liable to you or any other person for any loss, injury or damage arising from your failure to obtain such consents.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The file containing your personal information will be kept at our offices or on our servers or those of our service providers and will be accessible to employees who require it for the purposes of their duties.
If you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in our custody or control, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please make your request in writing at 1170, Place du Frère-André, Montréal, QC H3B 3C6, Attention: Zenmatch. In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information or parts of it. We will advise you at the time of the request.
Further Information or Complaints
This Policy was written with brevity and clarity in mind and is not an exhaustive account of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. Inquiries or complaints about this Policy and our personal information practices may be directed to us at 1-800-208-1544 or at 1170, Place du Frère-André, Montréal, QC H3B 3C6, Attention: Zenmatch.
This Policy may be revised from time to time. You may contact us to obtain a current copy of this Policy. Your continued provision of personal information or use of our services following any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
If you live within the European Union please see below for further information about your rights.
European Union Residents – Additional Privacy Information
Legal Bases for Using Personal Information
There are a number of different ways in which we are lawfully able to process your personal information. We have described these below.
1. Legitimate Interests
We are allowed to use your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and it is not overridden by your interest. We believe that we have a legitimate interest in:
- processing any job application that you might send us;
- administering our website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes;
- to manage, optimize and measure the performance of our services, understand industry trends and develop aggregated anonymized data content;
- to develop new products and services features; and
- keeping our systems secure and running smoothly.]
2. Contractual Obligations
We are allowed to use your personal information when it is necessary to do so for the performance of any contract we have with you.
3. Other Legal Obligations
We are allowed to use your personal information when we need to in order to comply with legal obligations.
We are also allowed to use your personal information where you have specifically consented. [For example, we will obtain your consent to send you email notifications where you have requested them.] You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Applicable privacy laws in the European Union grant you the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- you can object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where we have done so on the assumption that it is in our legitimate interest to do so);
- you can ask what information we hold about you and be provided with a copy of such information and you can withdraw consent at any time;
- you can ask us to send you, or another organization, certain types of information about you in a format that can be read by computer;
- you can request the erasure of your personal information;
- you may, in some cases, restrict our use of information about you (for example, if you tell us that the information is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its accuracy);
- if information is incorrect you can ask us to correct it;
- you have the right to ask us to assist you in transferring your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances; and
- you can complain to your local regulatory authority. The privacy regulatory authorities for each EU Member State are listed (along with contact details) on the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collect it unless we believe that law or regulation requires us to preserve it.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete it from our systems, or put it beyond use.